If you are a Middle Eastern, Kousa mahshi or what is also spelled as Koosa must be an Authentic dish you are eating regularly. Zucchini stuffed with ground beef and rice is a delicious and easy-to-prepare recipe. I have used affordable and easy-to-use ingredients that I presented in the wonderful Syrian way. You will love this recipe for both its high nutritional value and delicious taste.
Koussa Mahshi; Stuffed Zucchini
- 3/4 cup Short-grain Egyptian rice
- 2 Pounds of small zucchini
- 1 teaspoon of chopped onion
- 1/2 Pound of ground beef chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- For the tomato sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste
- 3 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Wash the rice and soak for 15 minutes.
- Empty the zucchini.
- In a plate, put the rice, onions, meat, salt, pepper, spices, and turmeric, mix very well
- Stuff the zucchini with a mixture of rice and meat.
- In a large saucepan, put the tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, and pepper, let it boil
- Add in the stuffed zucchini and let simmer for about 40 minutes or until the zucchini are soft
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil, add the garlic, and stir until it becomes golden, add the mint.
- Add the garlic to the zucchini and sauté for a few minutes making sure to flip once
- Put the zucchini in a serving dish; then serve hot and enjoy your dish!