The Middle Eastern tablesare never devoid of oriental sweets like this Kanafeh Pastry , especially during the month of Ramadan, and we will introduce you to the method of making kunafa in more than one way.
--For the Sweet Knafeh Cake :
- 1/2 can of condensed milk (of 400 gm)
- unsalted, butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cream
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 2 lbs (900 gr) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup syrup
- 2/3 cup pistachios, roasted, chopped.
--For Syrup :
- 3 cups water
- 3 cup ssugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice,
- 1 tbsp orange zest, for aroma.
- Combine the milk, sugar, cream,rosewater and corn starch in a bowl.
- Pour this mixture in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and stir the mixture continuously until it becomes thick.
- Remove it from heat and let it stand to cool. Transfer this mixture with the cheese into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Loosen the kadaifi noodles with your hands, add melted butter and combine well ..Spread a layer of buttered kadaifi on a baking dish, completely covering the base of the dish.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the kadaifi noodles. Spread another layer of kadaifi over the mixture. Press it gently with
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Fahrenheit. Bake it for 30 minutes or until top turns golden
- Garnish with pistachios and serve with syrup.
- Add all the ingredients for syrup in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- When it gets thick enough, remove it from .
- Let it stand to cool and then pour on knafeh while serving.