If you are looking for an easy-to-make summer salad that can help fight the heat, Jarjeer Salad (Arugula) is the best choice for you.
- 4 oz of rinsed and well dried fresh arugula
- 4 roughly chopped walnut kernels
- ½ thinly sliced into strips medium red onion
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- For the dressing:
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon of sumac
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of finely ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all together the onion strips with the sumac, the olive oil, the lemon juice, the salt and the pepper
- Let your ingredients set aside for about 10 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, combine all together the jarjeer (arugula) and the crushed walnuts.
- Add in the dressing on top of the walnut and the arugula and toss your ingredients gently.
- Add the salt and the pepper, and the lemon juice if your mixture requires more acidity.
- Serve and enjoy your Jarjeer (Arugula salad)