1 cup barley groats or wheat soaked for at least an hour (freekeh or coarse bulgur can be used);
– 1/4 cup of lentils, soaked for half an hour;
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil;
– medium sized chard, raspberry;
– a liter and a half hot water;
– five whole grains of cardamom;
– 1 teaspoon cumin;
– half a teaspoon crushed black pepper;
– Salt, to taste;
Juice of half a lemon.
First: In a saucepan, steep for two minutes a cup of cereal with half a cup of lentils with two tablespoons of olive oil, cardamom, black pepper and a little salt.
Second: Add hot water and leave it to boil over a medium heat, then calm until it is cooked. At that we add chopped chard, cumin and half lemon juice. Let it boil for a few minutes and serve.
- 1 Cup of wheat soaked for at least an hour (freekeh or coarse bulgur can be used
- 1/4 Cup of lentils, soaked for half an hour;
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil;
- 1 Piece ofmedium sized chard