Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is considered one of the most sumptuous recipes; not only this recipe is healthy, nutritious and packed with vitamins, but it is also versatile, and you can make various twists out of this recipe.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN AND RICE
- 1 and ½ pounds of chicken breasts about 2-3 breasts cut into pieces of bite-sized
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 to 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 and ½ tablespoons of lemon juice from one lemon
- 1 and ½ cups white rice rinsed
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of salt plus more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoons of black pepper plus more or less to taste
- Set your Instant Pot to the mode sauté. Add in the butter and let melt, then add in the garlic and the onion.
- Sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and stir for about 1 to 2 minutes
- Cook for about 5 minutes. Add in the rice, the broth, and the lemon juice.
- Stir your ingredients very well, bringing the chicken pieces to the top.
- Add in the chicken broth and the liquid ingredients to the Instant Pot
- Close the lid; then set the valve to the position sealing.
- Cook on a high pressure for about 8 minutes.
- When the cooking process is completed, let the pressure naturally for about 2 minutes, then Quick Release the rest of the pressure.
- Stir your ingredients very well and season with the Parmesan, the salt, and the pepper to taste.
- Add in a little more quantity of chicken broth
- Stir very well and turn on the Sauté mode to fully incorporate.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!