- awawashi dough ingredients
- 2 lbs of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 6 tablespoons of oil
- 2 cups of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Filling Ingredients for Hawawshi:
- 2 lbs of minced meat
- 6 onions cut into small cubes
- 1 Bell pepper and hot pepper cut into small cubes
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 Pinch of salt and cumin
- 1 tablespoon of butter for greasing
- Start making the dough for the hawawshi by mixing the flour, yeast, salt, sugar with yogurt, water and oil until the dough becomes cohesive.
- Divide the dough into small balls, grease it with oil, and leave it for 15 minutes until it ferments.
- Meanwhile, mix the minced meat with onions, chopped parsley, bell pepper, hot, salt, pepper and cumin, and stir well.
- Sprinkle the marble with flour, roll out the dough, and brush it with butter.
- Add the meat mixture to the dough and spread it well on the base. Roll out another dough and also grease it with butter, to cover the dough and the mixture.
- Close the loaf of the sides and press well.
- Grease the face of the loaf with butter as well, then put it on a tray in a hot oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes
- Take out the hawawshi as soon as the dough becomes golden, and serve hot with French fries and pickles.