Hamam Mahshi with rice is known for being one of the most popular Egyptian dishes that Egyptian people are addicted to.
Hamam Mahshi with rice
- 1 Cup of rice
- 4 Medium pigeons
- 1 Medium finely chopped onion
- 1/4 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch of gound pepper
- 1 Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 Grains of cardamom
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon of mixed spices
- 1/2 Cup of mixed nuts
- 2 Tablespoons of ghee
- Wash the pigeons very well and soak in salt and in flour to ensure it is clean; then rinse very well with water well
- Cook the rice into the water for about 10 minutes on a medium-high heat
- Fill the pigeons with the prepared stuffing; but make sure not to overfill it
- Bring a saucepan filled with water to boiling with the bay leaves; cardamom, salt, pepper, and cinnamon sticks, then put the pigeons in it for half an hour or until it is completely done.
- Make sure not to overcook so that you don't risk the skin fall
- Remove the pigeon from the soup and braise it in the ghee on both sides, and sprinkle it with salt; pepper.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!