Gözleme are pancakes of Turkish origin. Indeed, you can fill Gozleme with different types of fillings, minced meat, vegetables spinach, zucchini, peppers, to which we add cheese. You can also add eggs and spices. These pancakes are usually served as a Ramadan appetizer.
Gözleme; Turkish savory pancakes
For the Gozleme pancake batter:
- 400 g all purpose flour
- 250 ml of lukewarm milk
- 40 g butter
- 1 Tablespoon of tablespoon dry yeast
For the stuffing:
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- 200 g of minced meat
- 50 g of grated cheese
- 1 Piece of chopped onion
- ½ Piece red pepper
- 1 Bunch of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoon tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
For the dough
- Start by preparing the dough
- Take out the butter so that it softens to the room temperature
- In a bowl, pour lukewarm milk and the yeast.
- Mix to dilute the yeast.
- In a bowl, put the flour, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Gently add the lukewarm milk and the soft butter.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until the dough is no longer sticky and smooth.
- Form a ball and cover it with a damp cloth.
- Set it aside for 1 hour at room temperature.
- While the dough is resting, prepare the stuffing.
For the stuffing:
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Wash and cut the pepper into small cubes
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and brown the onion with the garlic
- Add the minced meat; then salt and pepper to your liking
- Add the pepper with the spices.
- Cook for about 10 minutes over a medium heat; after that let cool.
- When the dough is ready, divide it into several pieces.
- Sprinkle your work surface with flour
- Now, roll out the dough portions with a rolling pin.
- Place in the center of each dough 1 tbsp. of the stuffing
- And then cover half of the dough with the cheese.
- Seal your dough.
- In a crepe maker or skillet, cook the pancakes for about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot or warm.
- Enjoy your Gozleme