Ghoraybah (middle eastern cookies)
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. of salt Any kind of nuts you have; almond hazelnuts, ..
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees C. (350 F)
- Place the butter together with the sugar in a mixing bowl & mix for 5 minutes using a handmixer .
- Add the egg white & mix again.
- Now add the flour & mix for more 3 minutes.
- Cover the dough and leave to rest for about an hour.
- Shape the dough into small balls.
- Take each ball, put an almond in the middle then press lightly to form a flat round cookie shape.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Leave it to cool & serve.