Qarn al- Ghazal Dessert is a special pastry dessert known in its different form, as it is twisted like Deer horn, its preparation methods vary according to the cities in Tunisia, but it has different shapes and contains nuts as the main component of the deer horn filling.
Qarn Al-Ghzal Dessert
- 1 lb of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons blossom water
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- For the filling:
- 2 lb of almonds
- 1 lb of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Knead the flour with butter and salt in a large mixing bowl
- Add then the rest of the ingredients until you get a soft dough
- Cut the dough into small pieces
- Mix the filling ingredients, and stuff each piece of dough with almond filling
- Close the edges of the dough in a crescent shape.
- Put them in a greased dish and cook in the oven on low heat for 25 minutes remove the dessert from the oven and you can pour syrup on top
- Serve and enjoy your dessert!