Atayef with different stuffings:
Atayef or what is also known as Atayef is one of the most beautiful and distinctive oriental sweets. Qtayef is basically a dessert that is usually and especially on Ramadan tables, especially in Egypt and the Levant. We can say that this recipe is at the same time sweet and light. And it is one of the sweets that can be made with various flavors such as nuts, cream, and chocolate. It can also be eaten with spicy filling, such as according to vegetables and stuffing cheese or ground meat. And since Ramadan is around the corner, we are offering you how various methouds to make qatayef. But before that here is the method of making the batter of Atayef that you can use with different stuffing ingredients:
Atayef pastry Batter:
- 4 large cups of fine white flour.
- 4 large cups of fresh, full-fat milk.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of instant yeast.
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar.
- put the milk in a pot on a high heat until it boils and then set it aside. We will use it while it is warm.
In a large deep bowl, we sift the flour, then add white sugar. Add in the instant yeast, the flour with warm milk. Mix in very well with a mixer until you get a smooth liquid and set aside for about 3 hours to rise
- Bring a non-stick pan and then put it on low heat
- Add the amount of a cup of dough and wait for the face of the dough to fill with bubbles
- Flip the atayef to the other side until it gets a golden color; then pick it up
- Transfer the ayatef to a plate, then cover it for it to remain soft
- Repeat the same process until you finish the entire batter
1. Qatayef stuffed with walnuts
- 1 Pound of Qatayef
- How much a tablespoon of white sugar.
- The amount of a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon.
- 1 large cup of walnuts.
- 1 cup of white sugar.
- 2 large cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- In a food processor, put the nuts and whisk very well until they are finely chopped.
- In a small bowl, put the crushed nuts, sugar and cinnamon and mix them well.
- Take one of the Aatayef and put a teaspoon of the mixturein.
- Tighten the Atayef closed well
- Repeat the same process until we finish the quantity of the stuffing
- Cover the Atayef so that it does not dry out from exposure to the air.
- In a deep saucepan over a high heat, pour the water and the sugar
- Add in the lemon juice and leave it on the stove until it thickens up.
- Dip the Atayef into syrup for two minutes, then filter it from the excess of syrup
- Arrange the Atayef on a serving platter
- Serve and enjoy your deesert!
2. Atayef with cheese
- 1Pound of Atayef.
- 2 Large cups of sweet cheese, such as Akawi cheese, Nabulsi cheese, or Halloumi cheese.
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar.
- 1 Teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon.
- In a bowl, put the cheese according to your preferred type
- Cover the cheese with water and set it aside for two hours
- Filter the water and cover it with water again for about two hours, then we filter it completely.
- In a deep bowl, cut the cheese into small pieces. Add the rose water, the sugar and cinnamon to them and stir well.
- Prepare the Aatayef and put a teaspoon of the filling; then close it very well, and so on until we finish with the existing amount.
- Bring a tray and we wash it well. Dry it from the water well, then we grease the tray with a little oil, then we stack it and put it in the oven at a temperature of 360°F
- Bake for about 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven; then serve and enjoy your Atayef!
3. Atayef with nuts
- 1 Pound of Atayef
- 1 large cup of walnuts.
- 1/2 cup of pistachios.
- 1/2 cup of hazelnuts.
- 1/2 Cup of almonds.
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water.
- 1/4 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon.
- 2 large cups of white sugar.
- 2 large cups of water.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare the Atayef by placing a deep saucepan on the fire and put water
- Add in the sugar and the lemon juice in it and leave it on a high heat until it boils and let thicken
- Turn off the heat and put a spoonful of blossom water; then turn it very well and let it aside.
In the food processor, put the almonds, hazelnuts
- Add in the pistachios and walnuts and beat well until the mixture becomes coarsely crushed.
In a bowl, put the crushed nuts, cinnamon and orange blossom water and mix them well.
Bring the Atayef and a teaspoon of the mixture of nuts. Close it well and cover for half an hour.
- Serve and enjoy your dessert!