Are you looking for a sumptuous and filling breakfast or appetizer at the same times, there is nothing better than this Falafel pies that will make a great choice for you? Your kids will love this recipe.
- 4 cups of fine all-purpose flour.
- 2 tbsp of sugar.
- 2 tbsp of oil.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Warm water for kneading.
- 3 cups of butter.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 8 spiced ripe “falafel”
- One medium onion chopped.
- A chopped tomato.
- Minced black olives.
- 2 tablespoons of tahini sauce
- Put the flour, salt, sugar, dry ingredients together in a deep bowl, add the warm water gradually, and knead either by hand or with a mixer until we get a soft, cohesive dough.
- Put the vegetable oil in a bowl and grease it from the inside, put the dough, cover and let it rest for two hours.
- Divide the dough into small balls and put them in a bowl greased with vegetable oil, to maintain the softness of the dough, and let it rest for an additional 10 minutes.
- Grease the work surface with oil, and spread the dough in the form of circles and grease the surface of the dough with oil while rolling.
- Mix the filling ingredients together, cut the falafel into small pieces and place a part of the filling on the beginning of the dough, and roll it.
- Arrange the roll on a sheet lined with baking paper, and we continue to roll all the dough balls in the same way after stuffing them on the baking paper.
- Roll the dough roll into a spiral shape and let it rest again and brush the face of the pies with melted ghee, and bake in a preheated oven at 190/380°F degrees for about 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven
- Serve and enjoy your falafel pies!