Are you looking for a dessert recipe to make for Eid, Raziza, which is one of the most popular pastries in Morocco? The spaghetti machine can be used to get a thin dough that can be dispensed with and cut with a knife. So if you want to try a Moroccan dessert, this recipe will make a perfect choice.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup fine semolina
- ½ cup of warm water
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- Pinch of sugar
- ½ spoonful of salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- a deep bowl, put the sifted flour, add the semolina and salt, and stir the mixture well
- Dissolve the instant yeast in a cup with a little water and a pinch of sugar and continue stirring until the yeast dissolves well.
- Leave the yeast for a few minutes until it ferments
- Create a hole in the middle of the flour and add in the yeast mixture and the water gradually and stir the mixture until we have a soft dough.
- Divide the dough, into medium-sized balls; then cover the dough; and let it rest for about an hour
- Using a rolling pin; roll the dough ball lengthwise until it becomes very thin
- Enter the dough with a spaghetti machine to get the desired shape, or you can cut it with a sharp knife or mallow cutter
- Using the rolling pin, collect the strings of the dough and roll it on the rolling pin to become spiral
- Melt the butter or ghee can be used and put it in a deep dish with vegetable oil
- Put the Rizza inside the plate; and dip into butter; then oil and set aside for about an hour
- With a non-stick frying pan, fry the Rizza on medium heat until it acquires a golden color
- Flip it on the other side and fry until you get a golden color.
- Serve and enjoy your Raziza!