Egyptian Eid Mumbar (Mombar) dish is one of the most popular Egyptian dishes.
Egyptian Eid Mumbar
- 2 Pounds of white rice
- 2 Pounds of onions
- 2 pounds of tomatoes
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spices
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 bunch of parsley
- A few bay leaves
- A pinch of cinnamon.
- Finely chop the parsley; then soak the rice for about two hours.
- Finely chop the onion and the tomatoes.
- Chop the peppers finely.
- Put the rice in a large bowl and add all kinds of chopped vegetables with salt, black pepper, allspice, fine cumin
- Add the vegetable oil and mix very well together; then cut the mumbar into the same lengths
- Stuff the mumbar with the rice and the chopped vegetables; then set everything aside
- Put a large saucepan with the bay leaves and the cinnamon and bring to a boil
- Put the mumbar in the saucepan and cook for about 20 minutes or until everything is very well cooked
- Remove the mumbar from the water and brush with a little quantity of oil and sauté until everything is very well browned Serve and enjoy your dish!