Are you looking for a quick and tender dessert that you can make in a short time for tonight’s dessert? If yes, then how about trying this conventional style Eid Kunafa (Knafeh) with pistachios or what is also called Knafeh that you can make with a few affordable ingredients.
Syrian Kunafa (Knafeh) with pistachios
- ½ 1 kg 500 g Kunafa
- 1 1/2 cups 375 ml of syrup
- 1 cup 200 g of melted butter
- ⅔ cup 100g of powdered sugar
- 1 cup 200 g of crushed almonds
- ¾ cup 150g crushed hazelnuts
- ½ cup 100 g crushed pistachios
- 2 tablespoons 30 ml of rose water
For the Syrup:
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 170 ° C.
- In a large bowl, put the hazelnuts, almonds, rose water and sugar, and stir very well.
- In a large bowl, place the kunafeh, then add 1/4 cup of butter, and stir very well.
- In a tray slightly greased with butter, add half the amount of kunafa
- Spread a quarter cup of butter over the kunafa
- Spread the filling over the kunafa, then the rest of the kunafa
- Spread the rest of the butter over the knafeh
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
- Take out the kunafa, then pour the syrup as soon as you take it out
- Top with pistachios, then set aside until it is the serving time
- Serve and enjoy your Kunafa
To prepare the syrup:
- Pour the water and the sugar and mix very well to dissolve
- Add in the lemon juice and let simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes
- Add a dollop of vanilla extract or rose water