Fesikh is one of the most popular Egyptian foods that are served on Eid al-Fitr, and it is not only eaten by the Egyptians but in different parts of the Middle East.
- 1 kilo of herring fish
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1/2 cup of chili
- 2 tablespoons of Nigella sativa
- 5 Plastic bags for packing
- A sealed container
- Wash the fish very well; then drain it very well and leave it at room temperature.
- Mix the salt with the chili and the black seeds
- Put the salt and the black seeds in the head of the fish, and put some mixture of salt, chili, and nigella
- on the fish
- Place each fish individually in a plastic bag, placing them in a jar
- Closing the jar very well; then wrap the jar again with the plastic bags so that the air does not penetrate into it
- Leave for about and 15 days to 20 days at room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy your Feseekh with tahini sauce!