The popular Middle Eastern pastry dessert atayef is considered as the ultimate Ramada pastry. And today, you will be able to learn a new twist of making Atayef with chocolate stuffing.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 2 cups flour
- ½1 teaspoon yeast
- A tablespoon of any fine semolina flour
- A tablespoon of powdered milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups of water
- A tablespoon of sugar
- 1 Pinch of salt
To prepare the filling:
- 110 grams butter at room temperature
- 160 grams of chocolate
- 160 grams powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
For the toppings:
- 1 Cup of crushed toasted almonds
- To prepare the dough: In a large bowl, put the flour, yeast, chicken flour, dried milk, vegetable oil, water, sugar and salt.
- And mix well until the ingredients are homogeneous.
- Leave the dough to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet pan and put two tablespoons of the dough in it.
- Move the pan to give the dough a round shape. Let heat on a medium high heat
- Once the Atayaef has a brown color, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Repeat the same process until al of your dough is finished, then leave it until it has cooled completely.
- To prepare the filling: melt the chocolate on a water bath.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter, the powdered sugar and the cocoa to get a frothy mixture.
- Add the milk and mix until all of your ingredients become homogeneous.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the butter mixture and mix very well.
- When serving, close each dough circle on one end by pressing its edges with your finger.
- Fill the othe open end side with a tablespoon of chocolate filling.
- Garnish the qatayef with the almonds
- Serve and enjoy your Atayef