During the holy month of Ramadan, we keep craving different types of foods. And since chicken is one of the most versatile ingredients, you will be more than satisfied with this Chicken Sheesh taook, Tikka recipe or what is known as chicken kebabs.
Chicken sheesh Taook, Tikka
- 2 cut into cubes chicken breasts
- To make the green paste for the marination:
- 1 cup of loosely packed cilantro leaves
- ½ cup of loosely packed mint leaves
- 2 to 5 small green chillies or about 1½ tablespoons of green chilli paste
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves garlic
- 1 Inch of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of dry roasted cumin seed
- ¾ teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cream or of yoghurt for low fat
- 2 tablespoons of oil or more to brush
- A little quantity of water for grinding
- Start by washing and patting dry the chicken; then set it aside.
- Grind all of your ingredients except for the chicken in a blender with a small quantity of water
- Apply the green marinade over the chicken
- Let rest on the kitchen counter for about 20 minutes
- Carefully thread the marinated chicken into prepared wooden skewers
- Heat one piece of charcoal until it becomes red-hot
- Cook on high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes over a grill pan
- Turn the chicken, and turn the chicken after about 4 minutes.
- Smoke the chicken by placing the hot skewers in a saucepan.
- Put red charcoal over an aluminum foil in the saucepan
- Drizzle a few drops of oil over the hot charcoal; then immediately cover your pan
- Let the chicken rest for about 4 to 5 minutes; then serve with garlic dip.