Here is how to make one of the most popular types of maqluba, which is Chicken Maqluba (Makluba).
Chicken Maqluba (Makluba)
- 2 lbs of chicken cut into strips.
- 2 lb of rice.
- 2 pieces of eggplant sliced.
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into slices.
- 3 medium sized onions
- 1 teaspoon Of all spice
- 2 bay leaves.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- A little quantity of cinnamon powder.
- 1 cup of chicken soup or chicken broth.
- 2 tablespoons of Vegetable oil.
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch of pepper.
- Wash the chicken well and cut it into slices
- Put the chicken it in a saucepan containing a little oil
- Flip the chicken on both sides until it browns a little.
- Add 2 chopped onions to the chicken and continue to stir them together until the onions soften.
- Add the cinnamon, turmeric, salt and pepper
- Add the bay leaf to the previous mix.
- Add an appropriate amount of water to the mixture and leave it on a low heat until it softens.
- Wash the eggplant well and cut it into slices, then add salt to it and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Take a frying pan and put a lot of oil in it, then fry the eggplant, and put it on kitchen paper to get rid of the oil.
- Fry the potato slices in the eggplant oil, but don't let them turn golden, then remove from the heat and place on kitchen paper.
- Put the onion cut into slices in the same oil, fry it, then remove it from the heat and remove it from the oil.
- Wash the rice well and soak it in water for 10 to 15 minutes, then drain it well, and it is ready to use.
- Put a little oil in a large saucepan, then add the eggplant and potato slices, topped with the chicken slices, and then another layer of eggplant.
- Lay a layer of rice on top, and gradually add chicken soup or chicken broth, covering the rice and letting it simmer.
- Remove the maqluba from the heat after it is fully cooked, and turn it into a suitable serving tray.
- Serve and enjoy your chicken Maqluba