The Arab cuisine is one of the richest and most versatile international cuisines, and many of its recipes have been mixed and intersected with other kitchens, including Indian cuisine, and Chicken Majboos (Machboos) from Arab dishes that combine with the Indian flavor of rice, and it is one of the traditional Gulf foods, especially Kuwaiti and Emirati cuisine.
- 3 Cups of abrorio rice
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 10 grains of cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 grain of loomi
- 2 Pounds od skinned and chopped chicken meat or chicken thighs
- 2 Grains of onions; medium, finely chopped
- 4 Halved garlic cloves
- 3 Green peppers
- 1 Cup of finely chopped parsely
- 1 Cup of finely chopped coriander
- 2 Medium finely chopped potatoes
- 1 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon of mixed spices
- 1 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1 Teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon of crushed chili
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground lemon
- 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3 grains of tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Head of unpeeled garlic
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of salt
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the spices, stir a little, then put the chicken, onion, garlic, and pepper,
- Cover with the lid on and let simmer for about 5 minutes, then stir a little to a golden color.
- Add the coriander, parsley, and green pepper, add all the ground spices; then add in the tomatoes and the paste and stir very well
- Add in the potatoes; then cover the pot and let wilt the tomatoes a little.
- Soak the chicken into water; then put the lid on and let simmer until the chicken becomes tender; then add in the salt and the garlic head
- Add the rice, put on a high heat to boil, then reduce the heat. Put a piece of aluminum foil on top of the lid to make sure that the steam is trapped, and leave it to fully simmer.
- Spread the ghee or the butter on the surface of the Majboos,
- Transfer the majboos to a serving dish and sprinkle some coriander parsley.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!