Biryani rice is also called biriyani. This popular and delicious dish actually came from Indian Muslims. Biryani rice is one of the most popular dishes in the Indian region. It’s made with rice, spices, and meat. You can use beef, chicken, mutton, fish or prawn, eggs, and vegetables also.
Chicken Biryani Rice
- 1 chicken divided into 8 parts skinless.
- 1 cup yogurt minced.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced.
- 3 tablespoons fresh Coriander leaves chopped.
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped.
- 1 tablespoon biryani spices.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric. 1saffron.
- 2 medium onions
- 4 whole cardamom.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons oil
- Place the yogurt, coriander, mint, turmeric, salt, chili powder, black pepper, and the biryani spices in a blender and blend smooth.
- In the large bowl let chicken marinade in the yogurt mixture for at least two hours.
- In the deep skillet add 2 tablespoons oil, then add cardamom, bay leaves and cinnamon stalks let it for one minute to extract aroma,
- then add chicken with the marinade, mix well and tablespoons over medium heat until fully cooked.
- In another pan add 2 tablespoons of oil and onion slices until golden brown.
- Boil the water and add salt and 2 tablespoons of oil then add rice and let it simmer over low heat until almost fully cooked.
- Soak saffron in 1/3 cup of water, sprinkle it over the rice without stirring about 5 minutes before the rice set.
- Continue cooking for the last 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- In the serving dish add a layer of rice then chicken pieces then another layer of rice and so on.
- Put the onion on the service and serve warm