Cauliflower tagine makes one of the most popular Tunisian dishes that are made for Ramadan. The methods of preparing Tunisian tagines vary in terms of ingredients and taste.
- A head of cauliflower; medium
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon juice
- 1 Cup of fresh cream
- 8 Large eggs
- 1 Cup of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch of black pepper
- 1 Cup of cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Divide the cauliflower into small florets
- Place the cauliflower in water with garlic and the bay leaves
- Let boil for about 10 minutes; then drain very well and let it cool down
- Cut the chicken into small cuts; then sauté them in hot oil
- Add in a sliced clove of garlic with salt, black pepper, and turmeric.
- Mix the caulifower, the chicken, the egg, the fresh cream
- Add in the cheese, the parsley, the lemon juice and the baking powder.
- Grease the baking tray with oil, pour the mixture
- Bake for about 30 minutes at a temperature of 350°F degrees
- Remove from the oven; then let it cool down for about 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your cauliflower tagine!