There is nothing more appetizing than a delicious Berry trifle layered with berries, custard, jelly, mascarpone and jam rolls in addition to Turkish delight.
- 3 x 9g sachets lite vanilla berry jelly crystals
- 1/2 Pound of halved strawberries
- 2 1/2 Cups of raspberries
- 2 x 1/2 lb of tubs mascarpone
- 1/2 x 2 lbs of double thick vanilla custard
- 1/2 lb of packet jam mini rolls cut into thick slices of 1cm each
- 3 tsp of rosewater
- 300 ml of pure cream
- 1/4 cup of caster sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 lb of Turkish delight sliced
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
- Start by preparing the jelly following the packet directions.
- Pour into a glass trifle dish of about 4-litre-capacity
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or just at beginning to set (mixture should have a thick, syrupy consistency).
- Stir in the berries; then refrigerate for about 4 hours, or until everything is set.
- Place about half of the mascarpone in a large bowl
- Whisk until everything becomes smooth.
- Fold through the custard; then spoon the custard mixture over the mixture of the jelly
- Top with the jam mini roll slices; then drizzle the jam mini roll slices with about1 teaspoon of rosewater.
- With the use of an electric mixer, beat the cream, the sugar, the vanilla and the remaining mascarpone
- Add in the rosewater until soft peaks form
- Spoon the cream mixture over the jam mini roll slices.
- Serve and enjoy your trifle!