Baraziq is a delicious dessert from the Syrian kitchen. It is a dough made of flour, animal ghee and sugar, covered with roasted sesame, rich in fatty acids and magnesium, which helps lower blood pressure, promote bone and thyroid health, and strengthens the immune system. It is served on holidays as a kind of luxury dessert.
- 2 cups of flour.
- 1 cup syrup
- Half a cup of milk.
- A tablespoon of Arabic ghee.
- 1 cup butter.
- 300 g sesame.
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder.
- A teaspoon of vanilla.
- 100 gm pistachio nuts
- Put the butter, ghee and sugar in a bowl and mix them well.
- Add the milk, flour, vanilla, baking powder, half the amount of sesame, pistachios and a pinch of salt to the mixture and mix them well until we have a flexible dough.
- Put the dough in the fridge for an hour.
- Finally, form the dough into balls and press each ball by hand to take a flat shape, then dip the pieces in the pistachio and sesame mixture.
- Then put it in the oven at 180 degrees/360° F for a quarter of an hour.
- Serve and enjoy your Barrziq