Bambaloni, which is also known as Bambalouni is considered as the number one donut recipe that is made and served for breakfast. This recipe is considered as an Authentic Tunisian breakfast that Tunisians won’t start their day without it. This recipe is also usually made in Turkey, but it has a different name; so if you are looking for a breakfast recipe that all people no matter what their ages is will love; then this recipe is the one for you.
- 1 1/4 Pounds of all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons of coarse sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh yeast
- 4 1/2 Cups of warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of fine salt
- Oil for frying
- Start by dissolving the yeast into a little quantity of warm water and sugar and set aside for about 5 minutes for the yeast to be activated
- Gradually add in the flour, the salt and the water; then knead the bambaloni dough for a couple of minutes.
- Cover the dough bowl and set it aside in a warm place, or you can also place it in the refrigerator for an overnight
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator, and set it at aside at room temperature for about two hours
- Heat about 4 cups of frying oil in a large frying pan at a temperature of about 375° F
- Wet both your hands with a little quantity of water, then remove a piece of dough the size of an egg.
- Make a small hole in the dough ball using one of your fingers; then gently pull the gap wider to make the shape of a ring
- Fry the bambaloni pastries in the hot oil for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the bambaloni start to swell and turn into a golden color
- Make sure to flip the bambaloni from one side to another once or twice during the frying process
- Remove the bambaloni to a serving platter lined with clean paper towels and set aside fro about 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your bambaloni, it is better to eat it hot; you can drizzle honey on top!