Have you ever tried the Authentic Turkish Eid dessert recipe fingers of baklava with cream? You can make this recipe in a matter of a few minutes. If you haven’t done that yet, enjoy the taste of home-prepared Ramadan sweets, learn how to make wonderful baklava recipes with the taste of rich and delicious cream
Baklava with Cream
- To prepare the cream:
- 3 cups of milk full-fat
- 1 cup of cream
- 4 Tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of Blossom water: a small spoon
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- A sprinkle of mastic ground
- 1 Pound of Baklava philo pastry
- 1 Cup of butter
- Syrup as desired to be served
- 2 Cups of pistachios: as desired
- o prepare the cream: In a saucepan over low heat, mix the milk, corn starch, sugar, and mastic.
- Stir constantly so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the saucepan and becomes thick.
- Increase the blossom water, then take it off the heat and let it cool down.
- Heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Grease an oven tray with a little ghee or butter and put a slice of dough at the bottom of it.
- Brush with ghee or butter and spread another sheet of filo pastry to get a second layer.
- Repeat the same process with half the amount of the can and spread a little butter on each sheet of dough
- Spread the cream evenly, then cover it with a filo sheet and brush it with a little butter.
- Keep a little of the cream for garnishing.
- Return the same process with the rest of the dough and brush each slice with a little butter.
- Cut the baklava tray into small rectangles.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, until golden.
- Take it out of the oven and pour the syrup directly on it.
- Top the Baklava pieces with the remaining cream and pistachio nuts.
- Serve and enjoy your Baklava!