This Qatayef recipe with dates and almonds is a very easy and fast one. You don’t need more than a bunch of affordable ingredients to come up with this creative Atayef recipe that you will enjoy.
Atayef (Qtayef) with dates and almonds
For the filling:
- 1 cup date paste
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup date molasses
For the Qatayef:
- 1 Pound of Qatayef
- For the topping:
- Date molasses
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts for garnishing
- To prepare the filling:
- Put all ingredients in one bowl, and combine until everything is very well combined.
- To prepare and apply:
- Place 1 tablespoon of the filling mixture in the center of the qatayef
- Fold it in a semicircle and close the edges tightly.
- Bake for about 6 minutes in a preheated oven in a greased baking tray
- Remove from the oven
- Sprinkle with the molasses before serving
- Sprinkle with the crumbs on top