The asparagus soup recipe is more of a western dish, that was brought to the Middle East with a twist. It is fully healthy nutrients and can be mesmerizing once the middle eastern spices are added to it. The soup made with stock, asparagus, and cream or milk as the main ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 500 grams asparagus
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk powder
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt 1white pepper. 1 nutmeg grated
- 1 cup tablespoon cornstarch 1water
- Heat the oil, add onion and stir until it becomes brown.
- Add the garlic, asparagus and stir well on high heat till vegetables are wilted.
- Add chicken broth and leave the mixture over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mix and blend it well in the electric or manual blender.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients while they are cold, then add them to the blended vegetables and put the pot on the heat.
- Stir constantly until mixture thickens.
- Serve hot.