Arabic ice cream consists of several ingredients, the most important of which are liquid milk, mastic and vanilla, as these ingredients give the elastic texture of the ice cream and this is what distinguishes it from other types of ice cream. And ice cream is frequently eaten during the summer season as the ice cream shapes and flavors vary, but most of them contain sweeteners such as glucose. It also contains ingredients rich in fats, such as cream or milk, preservatives, and artificial colorants, and all of these ingredients harm the health of the body, so many women resort to making ice cream at home to ensure that it contains natural and safe ingredients.
Arabic Ice Cream
- 1 cup of raw pistachios crushed
- 1 and 1/2 cups of powdered milk
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of salep (Sahlep)
- 1 tablespoon of rosewater
- 4 large mastic grains
- With the help of a mortar and a pestle; carefully grind the mastic granules with 1 pinch of sugar.
- Put the powdered milk and mix with the water, the sugar, the heavy cream, the crushed mastic, the cornstarch, the salep powder and combine very well in a heavy saucepan
- Keep whisking until your mixture starts to boil; and once it starts to thicken, remove it from the heat; then add in the rosewater and stir very well
- Set aside to let the mixture cool down
- Put a piece of wax paper over the top to prevent any skin from forming
- Refrigirate for about 4 hours or for an overnight
- Transfer the ice cream to a cream maker, then follow the freezing instructions of the manufacturer, it will take about 30 minutes
- Freeze for about 2 to 3 additional hours
- On a piece of nylon sprinkled with pistachios, turn the ice cream on it and roll it like a Swiss roll with pressure, wrap it with nylon and leave it in the freezer to freeze completely.
- Cut diagonally into slices
- Sprinkle the pistachos over the top
- Serve and enjoy your Arabic ice cream!